In a sense, we are within ourselves nothing more than mere "slaves".
Are We Conditioned???
Think I'm kidding....?
- In over 40 states, there is a tax on “traveling professionals,” more commonly known as professional athletes.
- NYC has a 'Sliced" Bagel tax.
- Durham, North Carolina, The state charges a $10 tax for neutered and spayed pets and $75 for pets that are not neutered or spayed.
- In Maine, they have implemented a penny and a half tax per pound of blueberries.
- In Illinois, all candies are subject to an extra tax, unless they contain flour.
- Illinois now also has a sugary beverage tax. 1 cent per ounce for every beverage that contains sugar.
- Fresh fruit is exempt from sales tax in California, unless it's sold from a vending machine.
Are we being conditioned?
While we are busy paying taxes & busy paying mortgages, working 12 - 16 hrs a day, to has that latest greatest phone or the biggest brightest TV which happens to be just as great as the last one we had.
You're not alone, I too, am guilty of this control, this relentless cycle. Now, picture that dog chasing his tail?
All the while.......
the very planet that sustains each & everyone of us is being destroyed right underneath our noses.
Of the 4.6 billion plus years of our known earth, around 200,000 years of that human beings have populated her. That's about .01% of earth's timeline. Yet, within this time,
* Populated earth by 7billion+,
* Consumed enormous amounts of her resources,
* Almost 50% of trees/forestry GONE!
* Altered 50% of earth landscape through clearing, cities, dams, even mountains for coals,
* Contaminated our atmosphere (CO2),
* Climate change - global warming thereby raising sea levels.
As we are being conditioned aka distracted by some of the most obvious antics thrown at us. (Considering the amount of real common sense humans do bear). Have we paid any attention to the fact that earth has already been through 5 extinctions events.
Yes, 5 (FIVE),
1) Ordovician-Silurian - Roughly 444 million yrs ago 86% species extinct.
2) Late Devonian -Some 374 million yrs ago 75% species extinct.
3) Permian - Approx. 251 million yrs ago 96% species extinct.
4) Triassic-Jurassic - Some 200 million yrs ago 80% species extinct.
5) Cretaceous-tertiary - (Dinosaurs roamed within this era) 65 million yrs ago 76% species extinction.
......and humans are working the 6th (The age of Humans) ANTHROPOCENE
The debate amongst scientists & geologist is ongoing whether we are officially in this state. What is for certain is we humans are definitely leaving our human footprint on the planets geological metamorphosis.
Copyright © 2016 Andrew Hayes S.o.w. Save Our Wildlife